Science Quiz Awards
The KVRSS Annual Science Quiz is an exclusive science quiz conducted to assess the knowledge as well as sharpness of school students of classes 8 to 12. The content of the quiz is also aimed at imparting knowledge to the students.
Science quiz was started in the 2006-07 as part of popularisation of science among school students of Hyderabad. The event was conducted as a live interactive event. In 2009 it was extended to Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam and Tirupati and subsequent to formation of Telangana, Warangal was also included. It was a team event and preliminary quizzes were held in respective cities and finals were held in Hyderabad.
List of Awardees
In 2019-20, to increase accessibility to students and extend the reach, the preliminary rounds of the quiz were made online and was also extended to all the southern states of India. After two preliminary rounds top 20 students were invited to Hyderabad for finals.
Top three students are presented with cash awards and Annual Science awards. The award carries a cash prize of Rs. 5000/- and a trophy to the winner, Rs. 4000/- and Rs. 3000/= and a trophy to the first runner up and second runner up respectively.
The students selected for the finals get an opportunity to visit research institutions and interact with scientists. Scientific talks are arranged for these students and one round in the finals is based on these talks. Unique rounds are conducted to involve students in knowledge sharing. Thus, KVRSS Science quiz has become an event eagerly awaited by the students.
KVRSS is looking into the possibility of extending the quiz to cover all school students in classes 8 to 12 from all states of India in the near future.
Online Quiz Process
The quiz is open students of class 8 to 12 from the states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala.
"There is no restriction in number of students participating from a school"
The students should fill in every field in the registration form. All fields are mandatory.
Once registered, a separate mail is sent directly to the school Principal’s mail. The Principal has to authenticate the student’s registration. Without this the student cannot participate in the Quiz.
Each State is allotted a different date and time for the quiz. The students can access only that Quiz of the state to which their school belongs (A school student from a school in Telangana can access only that quiz which is allotted to Telangana) and in time window specified in the website.
- Qualifiers of the first round face a second online round. No further registration is needed for this.
- After the second online round, twenty (20) students are shortlisted for finals at Hyderabad.
- In Hyderabad the first live interactive round(s) are held, followed by a grand finale for the top 10 students.
- All students in the grand finale are presented cash prizes. Awards to winners to be presented during the Annual Function of KVRSS.
- Students have to be between 8thand 12th classes.
- The Quiz will be held in English only.
- Each student has to register before attempting the Quiz.
- A student is permitted to participate only individually.
- A student is permitted to participate only once in each quiz.
- Each Quiz will consist of a maximum of 30 questions.
- The quiz will be available for a certain period only, as shown in the “my quizzes” page after logging in.
- The quiz only goes forward; it is not possible to re-visit past questions.
- The quiz will start as soon as you click the “Start Quiz” button.
- Once started, the quiz cannot be paused or stopped.
- No one should assist the student in answering the questions.
- The Quiz will be conducted during school hours and students have to take it in the School premises under the School supervision.
Please note the following:
Discovery/detection/noticing of use of any unfair/spurious means/ malpractices including but not limited to impersonation, double participation etc. during the participation in the quiz will result in the participation being declared null and void and hence, rejected. KVRSS reserves the right in this regard.
KVRSS reserves the rights to cancel or amend all or any part of the Quiz and/or the Terms and Conditions. However, any changes to the Terms and Conditions or cancellation of the Quiz, will be updated / posted on the platform.
No clarifications are entertained once registration is completed.